Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Following where HE leads!

I grew up a small town girl and when I first moved down to Corpus Christi, Texas it was a hard adjustment! Finally my husband and I were blessed to move just outside of Corpus to a smaller town and I vowed that I would never return to the "big city" life. We have lived just outside of Corpus for about five years now. Approximately three months ago, my husband casually mentioned that he thought we should move back to Corpus. I replied, "I think we should too!" <---WHAT!!? I couldn't even believe the words were coming out of my mouth. This was so unlike me, what business would I have living in a town that I previously despised. Now aside from some obvious reasons like drive time, gas money etc. I cannot understand why in the world we would suddenly decide to move. This has to be a God thing! There is no other explanation. I am not going to say I'm not sad to leave our home and our church family but I feel very positive that God is leading us on to the next chapter in our lives. This is the first time I have had a really profound sense that God is changing the direction of our lives and I am totally at peace with it. It's really a neat feeling, being wholly surrendered to God's direction. Of course as the book of Ruth has been fresh on my mind lately I have to say Ruth 1:16 is so fitting: "But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or return from following you. For where you go I will go and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people and your God my God."
So where ever He leads me, I will surely follow!! Even if it is to a place I said I would never live! He knows much more than I ever will.

Until next time, may Christ's love and blessings be upon you and your.s

No comments:

Post a Comment