Friday, January 7, 2011

Rise and shine

Good morning! I hope your new year is off to a great start! This is always such a refreshing time for my heart, mind, soul and body. This year I haven't set any specific resolutions but my goal this year is to break away from the hold that electronics have on myself and my family. In this day and age there is not a place we can go that we don't have access to some sort of electronic device. Even some campsites I was looking at offer free Wi-Fi. So this year we are taking a step back, canceling our satellite service and making a deliberate effort to spend more time doing activities together that do not involve computers or video games. We have been off to a pretty good start and I realize that although in the past I spent a lot of time on the computer, I actually like my life better when I am off the computer.

So what were your New Year's resolutions? What efforts are you taking to make sure you stick to these goals? I wish you great success in achieving these goals and a blessed new year.

Until next time, may Christ's love and blessings be upon you and yours.

4 comments:

  1. I def have the same goals as you! Tonight we are making calzones as a family and playing cards :) Its the simple things that make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! The simple things = happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh. Mine are the usual. Get skinny and erase debt. We'll see. LOL Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cara- Lol "get skinny" is my unspoken, unending resolution. ;) We are also working this year to get out of debt! Do y'all have any particular plans to help you achieve it?

    ReplyDelete