Friday, October 15, 2010

The beginning.

I have had previous blogs, all of them needless ramblings of various aspects of my life. Topics flowing from cooking to homeschooling to being a mom to reminiscing and on and on. I never kept up with any of these blogs. A few months here and there and then nothing. I hope that this blog is different. I hope this blog finds a deeper purpose than just an outlet for my thoughts. You see just the other night my husband and I were discussing "being great." He says, "I've always had the drive to be great at what I do." "Really?" I reply. "I have never had that desire, I've always been just average." "What am I good at?" I asked him. "Writing, you're good at writing," was his response. I have never considered myself a good writer. I always made A's on written assignments but they never had any heart in them. This conversation got me thinking, what AM I good at? What do I desire to be good at? I didn't come up with an answer that night. A few days passed and my cousin was asking me about a question about starting a new blog, I decided I, too, would start a new blog. I didn't know what about at that time, just another blog for babbling on about my life. While I was thinking of a title for this blog, it hit me, the thing at which I wanted to be great. I wanted to be great at serving Christ in my daily life. I wanted to be a great Christ-like mother and wife. I wanted to conduct my household with His greatness. And thus this blog was born.

My hope is that this blog would speak to other women whose goal it is in life to be the woman described in Proverbs 31.  For those of you not familiar with this passage its specific location is Proverbs 31:10-31, I encourage you to pore over this passage and examine your heart. Is this the type of woman you strive to be?  Some of the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 woman are: trustworthiness, diligence, hard-worker, strength, generosity, dignity, wisdom and kindness. As v. 10 says, "she is far more precious than jewels."

These are the things I seek to be, greatly be. I diligently and earnestly pray to be. So as the days go by I will be posting here, my thoughts, opinions and experiences as I continue along my journey seeking to be a great servant of Christ right here in my very own home.

May Christ's love and blessings be upon you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment