Friday, March 4, 2011

What's your family's purpose?

Sorry I have been M.I.A. lately!  Last week was super busy!

Lately I have been focusing on getting our home organizing and maintaining a cleaner environment for my family. I am just in the baby steps but so far it is going well. Yesterday, I received Tsh Oxenreider's Organized Simplicity in the mail, what I have read of it has been awesome! If you don't know who Tsh is, check out her site here: SimpleMom.net. She is starting Project Simplify on Monday, so head over there and see what it is all about! Anyway, in her book she suggest created a "family purpose statement" and that is what we were working on as a family tonight. It was so much fun to hear each others answers and coming together to set a purpose for our family. Here is a very rough draft based on Tsh's suggestions:

We believe our purpose as a family is to serve God. We will accomplish this by:
  • valuing integrity and love
  • making our home welcoming and comfortable, filled with love
  • prioritizing growth in God above lesser values
  • exemplifying a servant's heart
Tsh posted a fun graphic for her family purpose statement and I think that would be something really neat, so I will probably work on it later tonight. I will post when I am finished!

I think I was really attracted to this idea because it gave us time as a family to sit down and hash over our family's values and our ideas for the future. It was a great discussion and I think it will help keep us focused on what we are truly called by God to accomplish!


Until next time, may Christ's love and blessings be upon you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice!!! I am working on a rough draft as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot of fun for my family and me!

    ReplyDelete