Thursday, November 11, 2010

...And be thankful. -Colossians 3:15

Between this being the month for Thanksgiving and the month for Veteran's Day, I can't help but to examine the things for which I am thankful. How about you? Do you take time this month to truly think about this? There are so many verses in the bible that talk about being thankful:  Colossians 3:15, Colossians 3:16, Psalm 69:30, Psalm 95:12 and so on. With so many verses like these it is safe to say that God desires us to have a spirit of thanksgiving toward Him and toward others. Today begin to contemplate not just only what you are thankful for but also who you are thankful for. Give thanksgiving in prayer to our Lord for all of these. Also, consider calling that person you just couldn't live without or sending them an email (better yet a card) to say that you are so blessed to have them in your life and thankful for all that they do!

Here are some things and people for which I am thankful:
  •  A home to keep me safe and warm
  • My husband, so supportive and loving
  • My dear son who always keeps me smiling
  • A soft place to lay at night
  • My animals who are the best listeners (and cuddlers)
  • Transportation -the ability to get wherever I need to be
  • Health
  • Friends that give me a good laugh or hug whenever necessary
  • Family -all of those that support me and love me no matter what
  • Freedom to believe and worship any way I choose
  • Freedom to read my bible, whether at home or in a public place
  • All the Christians out there loving our God with all their hearts despite severe persecution (http://www.persecution.com)
There is so much more that I am thankful for but I will stop there.  I want to leave you with Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

May Christ's love and blessings be upon you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment